For why care for creation is a religious, theological and missiological issues, see this pastoral letter from UMC bishops, these previous posts from UM & Global, this UMW webpage highlighting their work in the area, and this Church & Society webpage highlighting their work in the area.
If you participate in the climate strike, here are some things you can do that day:
- Plan a worship service using these liturgical elements associated with the bishops' letter.
- Get a group together to run through UMW's Climate Justice Simulation Experience.
- Read some of these environmental justice articles from UMW.
- Hold a viewing party for the UM Creation Care Summit vidoes.
- Contact your government leaders about this issue.